Thursday, October 30, 2008

Success

The world's definition of success is centered around the things of this world - things you can earn, buy, demand, manipulate, be, or make.  God views success distinctly different: it is that we glorify him by obeying him.  

The Lure of Success
What type of success beckons you?  Is it fame, wealth, possessions, power, perfection, or popularity?  Is it an impressive job title, getting invited to the right parties, or being a size eight? Is it having a company car and a key to the executive elevator?  Is it academic excellence, looking good, meeting deadlines, or having an expense account?  Is it being known on a first-name basis at the country club or having a reputation as a big tipper at restaurants? Or, is it more closely aligned with worshipping God with your life?

How Do You Define Success?
To me success is: Finding God's will for your life and doing it.  I believe seasons of our life will look different so at times God's will may be different.  We just have to obey what we know to do. Right now I feel like I am being a success-finally to be able to serve my husband with full abandon, the calling I felt God birth in me 6 years ago.  I am for the first time in a long time at a place where God truly is first, (Mt. 6:33) and to me that is success.

No comments: