Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Continuing to Be Still

A few weeks ago I was approached by a lady in our church, wanting to know if I would be interested in helping her part-time with some data-entry stuff.  

Having not worked for the past 3 months I have to admit my heart leaped at the thought of more income.  Then I was heart broke at the lack of confidence and gratefulness in God who is our ultimate provider.  He promises to provide for our needs not our wants.  These last few months have been some of the most rewarding as I have sat back and watched God provide as well as having drawn near to him like never before.  I have been so filled with joy yet found myself wanting more, more that was not for me to have.  I had to repent that my heart got the better of me in wanting materialist things.  However, I was willing to consider this opportunity as an avenue through which God might want to provide.  

Although initially I was torn about what to do, I did very seriously consider the options.  I never felt complete peace one way or the other so I did what I knew to do - I went back to the last thing I knew the Lord had spoken to me and that was to be still.  At this time I did not feel this position was for me.  Micah was supportive on the matter and we felt complete peace with that decision. So I will continue to be still.

No comments: