I found that rather amusing because as I sat down to reflect over this past year I remembered how it all began. "I" had big plans for 2008. As you may recall, I am the plan ahead control freak who wants everything mapped out perfectly and to go just as planned. But I am reminded once again that His ways are higher than my ways (Isaiah 55:9). I am thankful though that this past year was not limited to my minuscule plans.
- At the beginning of 2008 I was ready to resign at Agape but I persevered and reaped the benefits of creating stability for 17 students.
- Master's welcomed 8 new students to the team.
- February we hosted youth groups from all over South Texas for a weekend cross-cultural experience into Mexico. Micah performed a wedding of 2 former MC students.
- March brought familiar faces, as Kirk and Donna vacationed with us here in the valley. Micah performed another wedding of 2 more former MC students.
- April seemed like a long month with Micah out for an 8 day ministry trip.
- May took Micah and I on a mini retreat before a crazy summer. First time we've done that. I personally underwent some health setbacks. And by faith officially resigned my job at Agape.
- June started with a PVC staff retreat to SPI. It also began the first group of summer interns, Mexico outreaches, and VBS for PVKC.
- July continues the Mexico outreaches and welcomes a new group of SI's. Staff members, Jeremy, Rachel & daughter Aisha left for Africa. Our best friends, Rick & Emily came to visit and that was a great way to wrap up the summer.
- August started with Master's graduation then a personal vacation making a road-trip to Dallas, Kansas, and Oklahoma. It was refreshing to see family. Master's took our first Staff retreat. God really began doing a work in me personally as the waters started stirring. I felt the Lord say, "Be still."
- September brought back 6 2nd yr. students for the fall. We took the PVC internship to a new level. This month officially began unemployment and a peace that passes all understanding. God began to do math that equals whatever He wants it to; bills got paid and life began to get a little clearer. I also turned 27 and Micah took a ministry trip to San Antonio. My greatest mentor, Peggy was diagnosed with cancer.
- October marks 4 wonderful years of marriage for Micah and I. Micah went on another ministry trip to Houston and I had a PVC girls night. Went on my first prayer retreat with a couple of dear friends. Palm Valley hosted our annual Fall Family Fiesta with over 1,300 people in attendance.
- November brings the arrival of my new neice, Syleii. Nephews Malaki & Zarek turn two. Micah goes on an even longer trip to Dallas. I do anther girls night. We have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Master's and Interns.
- December starts with Micah gone again to El Salvador. Christmas parties, gift exchanges, food and fun. Micah finally got an iphone and I got a new MacBook. This year we tried something new: 12 "Dates" of Christmas. We took turns creatively planning a date, it was so much fun!!!
So in hindsight it was a great year. I would have never imagined I would learn so much about God's love for me and his attention to details or the desires of my heart... he has strategically placed me right where I need to be - fully dependent on Him and pursuing the calling He birthed in me 6 years ago. I couldn't have anticipated anything greater not to mention my marriage getting even better but it has!
However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
What God has prepared for those who love him"
I look forward to what God has prepared for 2009.