Thursday, May 7, 2009

11 Weeks Pregnant

How my baby's growing:  My baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed.  The hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden.

The baby is already busy kicking and stretching, but the tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet.  These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional.  I won't feel the baby's acrobatics for another month or two - nor will I notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that the diaphragm is forming.

How my life's changing:  Doesn't seem like there are too many new life changes just yet. The obvious frequent bathroom runs keep me on my toes and nights are becoming a little more restless as I can't quite get comfortable.  Micah as been experiencing a few restless nights himself (poor thing).  He wanted to be more educated on this whole process so I bought him the book "The Expectant Father".  He has been loving it and it's spurred on some good conversation. Micah has been so excited and wants to be very involved!  

No comments: