Tuesday, May 26, 2009

13 Weeks Pregnant

How my baby's growing:  Fingerprints have formed on my baby's tiny fingertip, the veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head - which makes up just a third of the body size now.  Our baby is almost 3 inches long and has reached the size of a peach.  Also developing this week is our baby's vocal cords. 

How my life's changing:  If anything the only change that I really notice is the continuing clothes shrinking, or is it that I'm growing:) I have to admit going clothes shopping is not one of my favorites, especially when you're not feeling so comfortable in your body.  I know this is a good change but being as short as I am I just look and feel ridiculous as I get bigger! I'm sure once the belly really starts showing more it will be a bit cuter.  

Well after much grappling in prayer and many discussions, we've decided to switch from using a midwife to an ob/gyn.  I kept trying to convince myself I wanted to use the midwife but once I got honest with myself and Micah I didn't have peace in my spirit.   There were a number of things that contributed to our decision but without getting into all the details we feel confident that we have made the right decision to have Dr. David Hernandez aide us in this pregnancy process and deliver our baby.  He is a member of our church whom we know and trust not to mention he is a man of God who has our best interest in mind.  

Today we had our first ultrasound done.  It was so amazing to get to see the life that is forming inside me.  There's nothing like getting to see and hear that heartbeat.  Well here's a picture of the ultrasound.  Have fun trying to figure out what's what.



No comments: