Thursday, June 18, 2009

16 Weeks Pregnant

How my baby's growing:  Get ready for a growth spurt.  In the next few weeks, my baby will double his weight and add inches to his length.  Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.  His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head.  His ears are close to their final position, too.  The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet.  He's even started growing toenails.  And there's a  lot happening inside as well.  For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as my baby continues to develop.

How my life's changing:  The top of my uterus is about halfway between my pubic bone and my navel and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows.  I have a short torso as it is, so things are definitely feeling as though they are being pushed into my lower ribs.  Haven't felt major moves yet but a few scratches or at least that's what it feels like, quite uncomfortable I might say.  Heartburn is also starting to take it's toll - not fun.

Took my first belly picture now that I'm 4 months.


















And the most exciting news from this week is we had another ultrasound and found out we're having a BOY!  Mack Hays Crump will be his name.  Mack was Micah's Grandfather's name and Dad's middle name.  Hays is also a family name - Micah's middle name. 




No comments: