Sunday, October 4, 2009

32 Weeks Pregnant

How my baby's growing:

I should be gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to my baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

How my life's changing:

To accommodate me and my baby's growing needs, my blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since I got pregnant. With my uterus pushing up near my diaphragm and crowding my stomach, the consequences are shortness of breath and heartburn.

Starting to have some lower-back pain as the pregnancy advances. Assuming it's not preterm labor that's ailing me, I can probably blame my growing uterus and hormonal changes for my aching back. My expanding uterus shifts my center of gravity and stretches out and weakens my abdominal muscles, changing my posture and putting a strain on my back. Hormonal changes in pregnancy loosen the joints and the ligaments that attach my pelvic bones to my spine. This can make me feel less stable and cause pain when I walk, stand, sit for long periods, roll over in bed, get out of a low chair or the tub, bend, or lift things.


In the eight month and on the count down with 8 weeks to go. Up until now, I've bee seeing my doctor about once a month. Now I am starting to see him every two weeks, until the final month and then it'll kick up to once a week. Keep me in your prayers as we make the final preparations to the nursery, purchase the last few things we need and pack bags for the hospital. We're so anxious to meet this little guy!






No comments: