Saturday, January 30, 2010

Proverbs 30:7-9

During the month of January Micah challenged our youth group to start the year off reading through the book of Proverbs. Each day coinciding with the date we read one chapter and from that chapter we pick our favorite verse of the day to post on our facebook status.  Then we are to comment on it and others can comment as well.  This has become my favorite feeding time with Mack as I read the daily Proverb aloud to Mack and truly meditate on which verse spoke to me from that passage. Today was Proverbs 30 and these verses have really stuck out to me:


7 O God, I beg two favors from you;
  let me have them before I die.
8 First, help me never to tell a lie.
  Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
  Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, "Who is the Lord ?"
  And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name.



In particular the part that says, "Give me just enough to satisfy my needs." Wow, how often are we asking God to give us enough so we don't have to worry. This guy sums it up well, check this out.


Lord, I pray help me to be content with just enough to satisfy my needs. May I never be greedy for more or ungrateful for what I have but satisfied with your provision as I seek you first.






No comments: