Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June in Review

Usually June is a busy month for us at the church and vacation is not likely to happen, however this year with the commencing of Master's Commission we were able to get away for a few days.  There happened to be a Gust Family Reunion (mom's side) on June 12th, so we scheduled our vacation around that and headed to KC. Mack and I actually flew up two days before Micah while he stayed back to host a couple previously planned events with our youth group.  I was a bit nervous traveling alone with Mack for the first time... but he did amazing, in fact everyone around us on the plane commented on how well he did! Well instead of just telling you all about it let me narrate with some pictures (that new camera sure came in handy;)
Plane ride

Grandma Donna

Playing after a long morning traveling

Grandpa Kirk

Great Grandma Mary (Donna's mom)

Great Grandma Ocie (Kirk's mom)

Grandma Tammie (my mom)

Uncle Adam (my younger brother)

Papa Garry (my step-dad)

Uncle Corey (my older brother)

Mack with his cousins Zarek, Syleii, Azariah & Malaki (Corey's kids)

Fishing with Papa


With 1 shower, 4 adults and 5 kids we were able to all get ready and be out of the house by 8:30 am - now that's impressive if you ask me.

At my family reunion

My family

Great Grandma Gust (my mom's mom)

My parents

Just having fun

We also got to see our friends Cassie & Kasey and their new baby Judah

It was a great trip overall, in fact I think I could've stayed a little longer, though it's always nice to get back to the comfort of your own home and not have to live out of a suitcase.

In our youth group we started what we are calling Vertical Summer. Vertical is designed for students to gain Biblical knowledge through relevant teaching, and first-hand experience serving and giving. On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-12noon, AXIS is be the place for high school students to go vertical in their walk with God! Vertical Summer will culminate with a trip to Schlitterbahn!

We had the privilege of seeing Micah's sister, Veronica (from El Salvador) for a few days.



Well, there's so many more pictures from the month I could share but I'm sure you've seen enough pictures with Mack in them:)





No comments: