Monday, August 2, 2010

July in Review

Well since I blogged 15 times during the month of July there's not too much to tell so I'll just hit the highlights without getting into all the details.

Mack is oficially 8 months - trying to crawl, pulling himself up to a standing position (which required us to lower his crib), got his first tooth and is working on the second one.

We've successfully made it through two months of Sunday night "Crump Planning" where we get a game-plan for the upcoming week from date nights, special events, fellowshiping with others, to planning out our meals and weekly groceries.
We've had a lot of fun planning and trying new meals and even cooking together!


Last week I came to grips with reality and realized I need help... I'm overweight and I can't keep using the excuse "I just had a baby" - he's 8 months already! I feel like it's been affecting me in so many areas. For starters I just don't feel great all the time, I don't sleep well, I feel irritable (even though I don't always act that way), I'm insecure... my metabolism isn't that of a teenager anymore and frankly I didn't want to admit I needed help because that meant accountability and I knew it would be hard.  Then I realized not only was I being a bad steward of the body God gave me, it would sooner or later not only affect me in health issues but also those I love most. I understand it's going to take time, it's not going to be some miracle crash diet that does the job either - it has to be a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! To be honest this is very humbling for me to even write but without transparency I won't last more than a couple of weeks.  My name is Buffi and I'm addicted to unhealthy food - I NEED HELP! I'm on the road to recovery, not just to lose weight but to be healthier.

Well lady's and gents I'm done being vulnerable, until next time...

No comments: