Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13

Dear Parker,

A year ago today I took a home pregnancy test.... for about 2 weeks prior I had been feeling a little nauseated so I had my suspicions.  But let me back up just a bit.  Your daddy and I had been discussing having another baby, our only hesitation was finances; we've always wanted to make sure the decisions we make are glorifying to God and we didn't want to put ourselves in a financial bind.  Financially it just didn't seem wise but knowing the desires of my heart, I prayed, "God if it be your will..."

On New Year's Eve (December 31, 2010), just 4 days after I believe you were conceived I was nauseated for the first time.  At first I just thought it was some bug that was going around but with high hopes before I went to sleep that night, I laid my hand on my tummy and prayed for "you" not even knowing if "you" were there or not.  The nausea continued for the next 2 weeks and when I was a week late, I was anxious to say the least!  Knowing daddy was coming home for lunch that day, I decided to take a test.  It was positive! 

Trying to be creative, I put a bun in the oven and set the table for lunch.  Daddy came home and I asked him to get lunch out of the oven, puzzled by the bun he put it on his plate and cut it in half and gave me some, saying I guess I can share, is this really what's for lunch?  I laughed and handed him a box with the pregnancy test with a note saying, "it's positive"!

Daddy was a little more in shock than I was but as we let the reality set in, we were very excited!!!  Today was also your Grammy's 71st Birthday so we thought it'd be a cool gift to tell her today. It was indeed!

Now at just 4 months old we are delighted to have you as part of our family!

No comments: