Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012 in Review



As I mentioned in my 2012 Goals, setting goals keeps me motivated and gives me something to look forward to, however it doesn't mean there will be 100% success in every area but here's a recap nonetheless (and I've still got 11 more months to work on these things).  



  • Keep up with a daily Bible reading plan through YouVersion I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Parenting by Design Daily devotional".  It is a lot less Bible reading than I'm used to however it has allowed me to really focus on one thought and verse per day on the topic of parenting which is my world right now.
  • Read at least 1 book a month I hosted a Book Exchange Party for the first time and loved it.  I got the book "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks.  First time to ever read one of his books but I really enjoyed getting lost in a fictional book.
  • Train for and run a 5K Well are you ready for my first excuse...there's probably not really a good one but our treadmill did break (it was used and we only paid $50 for it).  I tried running on the street but its just too painful with an old knee injury.  We've been pricing around for a new treadmill.
  • Ideally would like to lose 35 pounds (this is my real challenge) Not there yet but still working at it.
  • Blog monthly updates for both Mack and Parker Check!
  • For the most part I'm pretty organized but now with 2 little ones it is a lot easier to let things slide or forgotten all together so my goal is to intentionally be more organized across the board which includes meal planning, cleaning, personal time, date nights and quality time with each boy Micah and I still do what we call Crump planning but I'm still trying to get in a groove with planning meals, I've started a cleaning schedule, definitely made some personal time to read, blog and have some girl time, enjoyed date nights with Micah and of course time with each boy.  Mack, we are learning is very sensitive and we need to be mindful of that, I've intentionally worked at being more calm with him when he does have a melt down because getting upset with him only fuels it.  Parker is beginning to crave a little more attention, so I've also made sure I take advantage of feeding times and down times for Mack to spend time with Parker.  
Well I feel like it was a good start to the year but definitely want to keep at it.  

No comments: