Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days: Day 1

I was inspired by several other bloggers who are doing an event called "31 Days..." where they each choose a topic of their choice and blog about it for 31 days.  Before I get into my selected topic I wanted to give a little background as to why this was so inspiring for me:

Since 2nd grade I have had the desire to write.  During a required writing assignment I was chosen to attend a "Young Author's" conference where my love for writing was birthed.  Over the years I wrote here and there then in high school I joined journalism.  During my junior and senior year of high school I wrote for the school newspaper and was even occasionally published in the town paper.  At that time I had wanted to pursue a career in "Art Therapy" but thought I may minor in some sort of journalism/writing.  To make a very long story short, God had other plans for that season and I took a much needed detour and break from writing.  However, the desire has always been within me... almost 4 years ago I started writing in a journal again with random ideas for a "someday book" then at the news of my first pregnancy I got preoccupied and put it aside.  I started a blog as a new means to start writing and to keep up with the details of my pregnancy then continued to monthly blog about the stages of my son, Mack, through his first 2 years of life.  Then along came number 2 and although I attempted to keep updates on them I got caught up in the swing of mommy-hood and all that, that entails.

I've been longing to write and just haven't put forth the time or commitment to do so but for the last month or so Micah and I have been in a new season, in a previous post I called it a "season of purging" but as we've progressed in this season it's really become a season of "Discipline" thus my topic of choice is going to be "31 Days of Discipline" 


My hope in doing this series is first and foremost that it will get me back into the habit of writing but also that it may reach out to others in a journey for discipline... whether that be the discipline of exercising, the discipline of spiritual practices, or the discipline of parenting etc. may we embrace the journey together.



No comments: