Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Be Still and Know God

"Have you ever felt overlooked?  Have you ever moved or entered a new environment where no one knew who you were, what you could do or what dreams ignited your soul?  Have you ever crossed the threshold into another season of life, where you shifted from recognition to anonymity, from standing as a leader to sitting as a leader again?  Have you resigned or retired from a position and transitioned from being sought out to left out, celebrated to celebrating others?"

A season of stillness has enveloped me these last few months and I presume will continue to do so until the Lord has brought this season in my life to fruition.  I'm one that's quick to make plans for the next phase, the next event, the next chapter in life.  It's the "plan-ahead, control freak" in me that can't stand the unknown, unfinished, unanswered questions that tend to consume "next". But I have found when a moment to be waited is prematurely interrupted, the results are less than hoped for, therefore I must be still and Know God.  Waiting actually grants us the strength to wait a little longer and not rush God's plans for our lives.

No comments: