Monday, April 20, 2009

8 Weeks Pregnant

How my baby's growing:  Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from my baby's hands and feet, the eyelids practically cover the eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat into the branches of the developing lungs, and the "tail" is just about gone.  In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.  As I'm dreaming about what gender my baby will be, the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether we are having a boy or girl.  Either way, our baby is about the size of a kidney bean and is constantly moving and shifting, though I still can't feel it.  

How my life's changing:  Feeling fatigued?  Absolutely! A rise in progesterone is definitely contributing to my sluggishness, not to mention the frequent visits to the bathroom through the night.  The midwife just contributes this to God's way of preparing us for the sleepless nights when the baby arrives.  A week from today and we'll have our first prenatal visit!

No comments: