Tuesday, September 15, 2009

29 Weeks Pregnant


How my baby's growing:

My baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I need to be sure to drink milk (or find another good source ofcalcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in my baby's hardening skeleton each day.

How my life's changing:

My baby's very active now. My practitioner has asked me to spend some time each day counting kicks. I'm to let him know if I ever notice a decrease in activity.

An old friend — heartburn has taken center stage now. You could say Tums and I are tightly aquatinted at this point. We're not scheduled for another sonogram until the 28th - then we will get a more accurate reading of his weight and length as well as his positioning.

If you will please be praying - I am hoping he comes early (not b/c I can't handle a couple more weeks of pregnancy) but my Dr. is scheduled to be gone on my due date. Aside from a medical reason I don't want to induce which I think my Dr. would opt for as oppose to me going late. I've just been really set on trying to have this baby as natural, med free as possible. Well what I do know is God has ordained this child's days long before I began my planning so what will happen will happen.

Here's the next picture - 7 months/29 weeks.


No comments: