Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My 28th Birthday

I turned 28 on September 10th! It was a wonderful Birthday... Micah got creative this year and took me on a progressive date. We started with an appetizer at Taco Rico (the funny thing is, earlier in the week he had asked me what my 3 favorite resturants were and one of them was this fast food taco place). So we began by splitting a plate of bistec tacos. Throughout each part of the evening there were questions that we had to answer - it was a lot of fun!

Between courses Micah took me to get my gifts that he had already picked out. The first one was a Willow Tree figurine of a husband, wife and baby - I'd been wanting to collect these.

Next on the agenda was dinner at Chili's (another one of my favorite restaurants). It was rainy that day and I love the rain, particularly when you get to stay inside but it was fun nonetheless.

Next was a stop at Toys R Us... I wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived here b

ut it ended up being quite fun. We each got $5 and had to split up in the store and find a gift for the other person. We then exchanged gifts and had to explain why we got that gift for them.

After that he explained that he had a couple chick-flicks picked out for me... since I'm in the 3rd trimester and slowing down he figured I would need some entertainment while I sit on the couch. How cute!


We ended the evening by picking up Marble Slab ice-cream and going home to cuddle on the couch with a movie.

I also got a couple of my favorite Yankee candles (Sage & Citrus and Autumn Wreath) from some friends, a new book, money and a few really sweet cards. A couple days later Claudia took me lunch and my in-laws made me a special birthday dinner in addition to money for a prenatal massage - looking forward to that! What a wonderful day!

No comments: