Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April 1st

Dear Mack,

A year ago today at approximately 5:00 am I took a home pregnancy test... waiting that 3 minutes seemed like an eternity but it was well worth the wait to see those two little pink lines.  I think my heart skipped a beat as I rejoiced - the Lord had finally answered our prayers.  Now I had to decide, do I let your daddy keep sleeping or wake him up... I crawled back in bed thinking I would try to get a few more minutes of sleep myself but the excitement made me restless and I couldn't wait to share the news. I woke daddy up and to his disbelief we lay there in shock - what now?  Daddy laid his hand on my belly and we prayed our first prayer over you.  It was a long day ahead of us as we anticipated sharing the news but the ironic thing was it was April Fool's Day and many didn't know whether to believe us or not. 

Oh the next 9 months were the longest as we dreamt about what you'd look like, what color your eyes would be, if you'd have any hair, would you be shy like mommy or outgoing like daddy... and here you are at 4 months - a good mix of us both, blue eyes, a little blond hair and just as perfect as can be!


No comments: