Thursday, April 8, 2010

An Epiphany

So I had  an epiphany yesterday (a moment of sudden revelation or insight) or rather maybe just a confirmation... 


The week started Monday morning at the Dr.'s office.  All 3 of us had gotten a little under the weather over the weekend.  I think God has given me a special grace as a wife and mom so I could take care of my "boys".  It was a long morning, in fact it was almost 5 hours that we spent at the Dr.'s - they said I was fine, nothing we can do for Mack and Micah is now on 3 antibiotics. Not exactly how I would have liked to go into these week, especially since I have a little extra going on. This Friday I am leading a Girl's Night with our high school girls, this means I have to prepare to speak twice amongst all the other details of organizing an event.  


Tuesday and Wednesday's morning routine was a little different as I got ready for the day, dropped Mack off at my mother-in-laws and went to work with Micah. I had two productive days working on the girl's night but I had this moment... as excited as I am about discipling these youth girls and partnering with Micah in youth ministry, there was no place I would have rather been than at home keeping up with the cleaning and taking care of my baby.  I know that this is just a one time event but if anything I believe it solidified in my that I am doing exactly what I'm called to do - be a stay-at-home wife and mommy.  I couldn't imagine having to get up and go to work every morning and leave my son all day. If I ever doubted my calling, God confirmed that I'm right where I'm supposed to be and I'm so thankful for that.  


Still looking forward to all that God has in store for these girls this weekend and I know He will use me to minister to them.  Micah will get his first experience of being dad alone!

No comments: