Saturday, April 10, 2010

Axis Girl's Night

April 9th and 10th I led a Girl's Night for our Axis High School girls.  The theme was BECOMING.  We had two sessions the first was BECOMING: A Changed Identity.  We talked about the story of Paul and when he encountered Christ he was transformed, his identity changed (literally).  When we encounter Christ we too should have a change in identity. Group time afterwards was powerful and lives were transformed!


The second session was BECOMING: A Woman of God.  I shared a bit of my testimony and how you don't just become a woman of God overnight, in fact finding our identities in Christ may take the rest of our lives but we have to take a first step.  I am very thankful for 3 very vital people in my life who were instrumental in my process:

  • One was Radonna.  She really taught me how to be content in whatever state you find yourself and that I needed to be complete in Christ before I could ever complete someone else.  

  • Teri (Pastor Rick’s wife) taught me how to be a supportive helpmate in her reverence for the Lord and her unwavering devotion to Rick.

  • Peggy (Rick’s late mother) taught me more than I’ll ever know... it wasn’t a classroom, or a teaching but it was her life that I observed and time spent with her.  I remember wishing I could be just like her right then.  Until I realized it took 60+ years in the making for her to become the woman of God she was.  She taught me how to Be the Woman God wanted me to be for today. I’m only 28 years old but it has taken 28 years to make me into the Woman of God that I am today and many more years to Become the Woman of God He wants me to be.  What I’ve had to learn is to embrace the process!
We ended by talking about how one of life’s most costly and beautiful objects is born out of pain and irritation-the pearl. A tiny piece of sand slips into an oyster’s shell and begins to rub against the soft tissue, causing irritation.  In response to the irritation, the oyster produces a hard substance. This substance eventually develops into one of the world’s most beautiful jewels-a lovely luminous pearl. However, it is a process that we must all embrace!


With 2 sick boys this week and little time to prep for this event, God was so gracious to work in these girl's lives and use me to do so - Thank you Jesus!


No comments: