Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mack - 16 Weeks


Mack sure does keep me entertained, Micah and I often wonder what we used to do before having a baby.  It seems like so much has happened in the last 4 weeks... Mack has become quite accustomed to seeing himself in the mirror and smiles every time - although they say he won't realize it's himself until he's around 2 years old.

This little guy loves to hear his voice as he's been squealing at a pitch only a mother could love.  One of his most excited times is when he's getting his diaper changed.  He also loves to sing with me  -  a couple of our favorite songs are "Jesus is the Answer" and "Jesus loves Me".  One of our new favorites to sing along with is a Baby Praise video that creates a nurturing environment for the baby's spiritual and intellectual development.  This video combines popular praise and worship songs with images of children enjoying God's creation, colorful animation and real world objects.  It helps to actively engage a baby's spirit and mind, stimulating early learning in the areas of tactile, cognitive, social, emotional and most importantly spiritual development.  Mack loves it!

Mack had a few milestones this month as did Mommy. I'd been working on getting Mack used to a little play-time on his tummy although normally he gets very fussy. He's had no trouble holding his head up or even doing a mini pushup, he just prefers to be on his back. However, like I said, I've been trying to give him a little tummy time each day to get him ready for the next phase - crawling! About a week ago to my surprise he so gracefully rolled from his tummy to his back; a little early for his age.

I'd been checking out the church nursery since Mack turned 3 months (when they can officially be put in the nursery). I don't know, maybe I'm a bit extreme but I'd like to know who I'm leaving my baby with and how they handle the babies... well I finally left him after 3 weeks of scoping things out, of course I checked on him at least 3 times and yes he was perfectly fine. 
Then just 2 days later Micah and I went out of town for a little getaway and actually left Mack with the in-laws for 3 whole days! I couldn't believe it myself but Micah and I needed it and we're better for it - we all are.  


A few cute things Mack has been doing is sticking out his tongue,

and sucking his toes - gotta love it.

If you think of it, keep Mack in your prayers - he's had diarrhea for the last 5 days. He's already been to the doctor and is taking pedialyte. Doesn't seem to phase him but I'd like him to be done with this already.  Thanks!




No comments: