Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Getaway



A couple weeks ago Micah came home from work and surprised  me by saying we were going to get away for a few days without the baby!  At that point I was still struggling to leave Mack in the church nursery let alone anywhere over night.  I had only left him with the in-laws for a few hours at a time.  I didn't think I could actually go out of town and leave my 3 month old baby behind.  However through many tears, prayer and the reassurance of my husband that we'd all be better for it, we made it happen.  The in-laws were ecstatic about getting a whole weekend with the little guy. Micah and I headed to San Antonio and we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing weekend on the Riverwalk.  We didn't realize just how much it was needed... we are so grateful for a Pastor/boss who understands the importance of getting away - we are refreshed!

No comments: