Thursday, July 29, 2010

Learned my Lesson

As pink as him...

So we took our youth students to Schlitterbahn.  To be honest I was excited to go and have a relaxing day in the sun without the baby... In preparation I decided to put on a low spf sunscreen in hopes I would just get a nice tan.  Micah of course questioned my rationality of the decision and  I had a hard-headed moment, as I can sometimes do. Needless to say this white skin of mine just soaks up the sun but of course I don't feel it or really notice it until the next day when I'm in pain and my 8 month old is grabbing and pinching my arms - OUCH! Hopefully I've learned my lesson.

I remember a couple weeks ago my mom telling me that if I ever got a sunburn to soak in the tub with white distilled vinegar, it really did help relieve the sting - it's amazing all the things vinegar is used for, here are just a few or you can check out this site for 1001 uses for vinegar.


Soothe sunburn
 with a spray of white distilled vinegar, repeating as often as you like. Ice-cold white distilled vinegar will feel even better, and may prevent blistering and peeling.

Eliminate bad breath and whiten your teeth by brushing them once or twice a week with white distilled vinegar.

Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails with cotton balls dipped in white distilled vinegar before putting on nail polish.

To remove film in glass baby bottles, fill with equal parts hot water and white distilled vinegar. Let sit for at least an hour. Scrub with a bottle brush.



No comments: