Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Parker Hays Crump

Our newest addition, Parker Hays Crump has arrived!  We went in for a scheduled c-section at 4:00 am on September 10th (also my 30th Birthday).  Everything went so much smoother this time around with it being scheduled rather than the traumatic experience we had with an emergency c-section with Mack.  My anesthesiologist was so much more thorough which started the whole process on a much smoother note.  In the OR everyone was relaxed, joking and listening to disco music, haha.  Instead of an epidural I actually got a spinal block which was much less painful and the numbing was immediate from my chest down.  Parker was born at 8:03 am, weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and measuring 20 inches long (almost a pound bigger than Mack who weighed 7 lbs 14 oz).  Because of the spinal block I had to be flat on my back for 12 hours.  Once I was able to get up, I could already tell that the healing and recovering this time would be a lot easier.  A scheduled c-section makes a big difference!

Parker is healthy and doing good! At his 2 week check-up he's weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.  He's been eating and sleeping well with only 2 night feedings.  Mack seems to really love having a baby brother and wants to help a lot.

Well, not too much to tell at this point but I'm going to try my hardest to stay on top of updates and pictures like I did with Mack.  I'll be posting pictures in photobucket for those of you who don't have facebook and see the current pictures all the time.

Here's just a couple pictures for comparison, Mack and Parker looked a lot alike when they were first born but now they are looking very different.

Parker Hays Crump born 9/10/11

Mack Hays Crump born 11/23/09

Parker

Mack

Parker

Mack


Well hopefully I get the next update out before too long :)

No comments: