Sunday, October 21, 2012

31 Days: Day 21

The Discipline of Making a Commitment

We can make different commitments to a lot of things but today I want to talk about the commitment to purity.  I had the privilege to teach a 3 week class to our high school girls at church on the subject of sexual temptation. This elective class was based on the book "Every Young Woman's Battle."  Although students had to sign up I had no idea how many would attend.  The first week I had 38 show up, I was excited but I didn't know if anyone would come back for week 2 and then 40 came the next week.  As I was preparing for week 3 I told my husband I really wanted to challenge them to take action with the information they'd been given.  So I presented them an opportunity to attend a "True Love Waits" purity ceremony.  27 girls attended, many with their entire families for a total attendance of 90 people!  Before making the commitment I challenged the girls to take a few minutes to pray and make sure their heart was right and ready.  I asked family members that were there to gather around and pray for them.  It was such a beautiful sight!  After we were done there were many tears, students and mostly from the parents.  There was a line of parents waiting to thank me and Palm Valley Church for taking the time to invest in their daughters and teaching on such a sensitive subject - they were truly grateful!

Knowing where I've come from, I felt so privileged to passionately speak on such a subject.  I was so honored and humbled to be used by God!  Not only was it a commitment of my time to prepare for such a class/ceremony but it was a commitment that so many girls took to honor God with their life.  They will be different when it comes to the "world" but it's worth it!  I am so proud of these girls for making this commitment, there truly is power in taking a stance and standing for what's right - Yea God!


No comments: