Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 Days: Day 27


The Discipline of Less

I asked my husband if he'd been reading my blogs during this 31 day series of which he replied, "maybe two, I just haven't been in the blog phase right now."  Then he asked me if I will continue to blog after this month.  It got me thinking... although I'm really enjoying this series especially because it has got me back into the habit of writing, I need to decide if/when and on what I will blog about.  

Why I write:

Ultimately I write for myself, because I've always enjoyed it.  Writing is therapeutic for me, it helps me sort through the jumbled mess in my head. Like most others I often don't know what I think about something until I write about it.

But if I'm honest, sometimes I write because I want someone to approve, to be noticed to feel heard.  It can be a good thing, but like most good things it can turn into an addiction and therefore I need to always keep my motives in check.

I know I will not be writing everyday - for one I'm not that good and two I don't have that much to say yet.  Also sometimes less is more.  I will deliver when I've got something worth my time and your time as well.

No comments: