Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Best part of my day

There are days when it seems like night time can not come quick enough - there were moments in my day today that I felt like that. It was just one of those days. To be honest, I was busy... busy "working" on stuff for the ministry I lead for our moms & tots group. I didn't have patience for interruptions and the needs of my little ones. Even when my youngest said, "mommy, I working too."  It was cute but I was irritated. I wasn't full of grace today. 

Then it came time to get the boys ready for bed. We did our normal routine - read a bible story, pray, potty, brush teeth and tuck in to bed. Mack, my 4 year old, always asks, "mommy, can you spend a couple minutes with me - I didn't get enough time with you today."  And this is my favorite time of day because regardless of the events of the day, it is one on one time where Mack gets to choose whatever we talk about. Tonight he was really excited to tell me about an episode of Super Why that he had watched about a little girl who didn't obey her parents. He says, "mommy, that's not good, we should always obey our parents."  It allowed me to help us both reflect on our day. We ended our time each taking turns praying - it was beautiful. Here is what he prayed, "Jesus please help me to not make bad choices and please forgive me of my sins. And Lord Jesus I pray that you would help our family to be good. Amen." And that is what makes this the best part of my day! So simple, yet so deep and powerful. 

No comments: